NAME: Helen Jane (Weems) Chihal, M.D., Ph.D., FACOG, NCMP
MARRIED: David Michael Chihal, M.D., Ph.D.
San Antonio, Texas
B.A.,1969 B Biology, cum laude
(Major Professor: L.L. Espey, Ph.D.)
University of Wisconsin
Reproductive Physiology – 1971
(Major Professor: Oliver Ginther, D.V.M., Ph.D.)
Louisiana State University Medical Center
Ph.D – May, 1976 – Physiology
(Major Professor: Richard D. Peppler, Ph.D.)
M.D. – May, 1976 – Medicine
Residency: Charity Hospital of Louisiana, LSU OB GYN Service, 1977-1980
Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology, Medical University of South Carolina, 1984-1985
(Director of Training: Oliver Williamson, M.D.)
Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1983 Recertification 1998
Certified Menopause Clinician: North America Menopause Society
Society for the Study of Reproduction
Sigma Delta Epsilon
Alpha Omega Alpha
Texas Medical Association
Dallas County Medical Society
District 2 Review Committee
Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, 1997-2002
HOSPITAL STAFF POSITIONS:
President of Medical Staff, Trinity Medical Center (now Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton) -1992, 1993
Member of Governing Board Trinity Medical Center (Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton) 1999-2004
Chairman Trinity Medical Center (Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton) Governing Board 2002, 2003
TEACHING EXPERIENCE EXPERIENCE:
Graduate Assistant, Trinity University,General Biology and Mammalian Physiology 1969-1970
Graduate Assistant – LSU Medical Center, Department of Physiology, 1971-1976
Clinical Instructor, LSU Medical Center Department of Physiology, 1977-1980
Assistant Professor, LSU Medical Center,Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1980-1984
- Chihal, H. Jane and Espey, L: Utilization of the relaxed symphysis pubis of guinea pigs for clues to the mechanism of ovulation. Endocrinology, 93:1441-1445, 1973.
- Chihal, H. J., Peppler, R.D., and Dickey, R.P.: Estrogen potency of oral contraceptive pills. AM. J. Obst. & Gynec., 121: 75-83. 1975.
- Chihal, H.J., Stone S.C., and Peppler, R.D. : The effect of frozen ovarian autografts on compensatory ovulation and steroid production in unilaterally ovariectomized rats. Am. J. Anat., 145: 433-442.
- Chihal, H.J., Stone, S.C., and Peppler, R.D.: Effects of ‘extra’ ovarian tissue on ovulation number and ovarian steroids in rats. J. Reprod. Fert., 47: 107-109, 1976.
- Bagwell, J.N., Chihal, H.J. and Peppler, R.D.: Fine structure of the corpus luteum in the autografted ovary of the rat. Cell and Tissue Res., 171 (3): 375-379, 1976.
- Chihal H.J., Weitsen, H.A., Stone, S.C. and Peppler, R.D.: Autonomic innervation and plasma estradiol-17B and progesterone levels in rats with subcutaneous ovarian autografts. Cell and Tissue Res., 175 (1): 113- 121, 1976.
- Chihal, H.J., Bast, J.D., Stone, S.C. and Peppler, R.D.: Plasma estradiol-17B, progesterone, FSH, LH and follicular development in castrated female rats with subcutaneous ovarian autographs. Biol. Reprod., 15 (3): 406-413, 1976.
- Dickey, R.P., Chihal, H.J. and Peppler, R.D.,: Estrogen potencies of three new low dose oral contraceptives. Am. J. Obst. and Gynec., 125 (7) 976- 979, 1976.
- Chihal, H.J., Peppler, R.D., and Dickey, R.P.: Potencies of oral contraceptives (letter). Am. J. Obst. & Gynec., 130 (3): 369-371, 1978.
- Chihal, H.J., Not Simply “all in her head”. Consultant, 21 (10), 1981.
- Chihal, H.J.: Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. New York Family Physician, 33 (4), 1981.
- Chihal, H.J.: Office gynecologic endocrinology. Postgraduate Medicine, 71 (4) 73-83, 1982.
- Chihal, H.J.: Painful period and preludes. Emergen. Med., 14:33, 1982.
- Baudier, Sr. M.M., Chihal, H.J. and Dickey, R.P.: Pregnancy and Reproductive Function in a Patient with Nonmosaic Turner Syndrome. Obstet. Gynecol., 65 (3): 60 (5) – 64 (5), 1985.
- Chihal, H.J., Mathur, S., Holtz, G. and Williamson H.O.: An endometrial antibody assay in the clinical diagnosis and management of endometriosis. Fertility & Sterility, 46 (3): 408-411, 1986.
- Chihal, H.J.: Indications for drug therapy in premenstrual syndrome patient. J. Reprod. Med., 32 (6): 449-452, 1987.
- Howard, W.F., Chihal, H.J., Strain, C.A., Smith, M: Programmed Follicular Stimulation Reduces Cycle Cost and Stress with No Compromise in Cycle Quality: Use of a Modified Programmed Protocol. Journal of In Vitro Fertilization and Embryo Transfer, 5 (6): 343-346, 1988.
- Mathur, S., Chihal, H.J., Homm, R.J., Garza, D.E., Rust, P.F., Williamson, H.O.: Endometrial antigens involved in the autoimmunity of endometriosis. Fertility and Sterility, 50 (6) 860-863, 1988.
- Chihal, H. Jane and London, Steve N., ed. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America, Menstrual Cycle Disorders, June, 1990.
- Chihal, H.J. Premenstrual Syndrome: An Update for the Clinician. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. Menstrual Cycle Disorders, 457-479, June 1990.
- London, S.N. and Chihal H.J., Menopause: Clinical Concepts, Essential Medical Information Systems, Amityville, N.Y., 1989.
- Chihal, H.J. Premenstrual Syndrome Conn’s Current Therapy, W.B. Saunders Co. Philadelphia, Pa. 1051-1054, 1994.
- London, S.M., and Chihal, H.J., Menopause: Clinical Concepts, Second Ediition, Essential Medical Information Systems, Amityville, N.Y., 1995.
- Mathur, Subbi, Butler, William J., Chihal, H. Jane, Isaacson, Keith B., and Gleicher, Norbert: Target Antigen(s) in Endometrial Autoimmunity of Endometriosis, Autoimmunity, Vol. 20, pp. 211-222, 1995.
- Chihal, H.J., and London, S.M., Menopause: Clinical Concepts, Third Edition, Essential Medical Information Systems, Durant, OK., 1999.
- Dickey, Richard P. ,Sanfilippo, Joseph S., Thorneycroft, Ian H. and Chihal H. Jane: Individualizing Oral Contraceptive Therapy, supplement to OBG Management, October 2000.